133 AND 135, HIGH STREET

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1253666
Date first listed:
19-May-1986
Statutory Address:
133 AND 135, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of 133 AND 135, HIGH STREET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253666 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Sep-2019 at 04:38:38.

Location

Statutory Address:
133 AND 135, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Suffolk
District:
Mid Suffolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Needham Market
National Grid Reference:
TM 08696 55258

Details

NEEDHAM MARKET HIGH STREET (WEST) TM 0855

3/100 Nos.133 and 135 -

- II

Two houses, built as one in early C16 and remodelled 1870 (date on tablet). Timber-framed; encased at front in 1870 in red brick with gault brick dressings, broad flat pilasters at centre and ends and cornice at eaves of red and gault brick. The facade of No.133 is painted. Rear walls plastered. Plaintiled roofs with central and rear chimneys of red and gault brick. 2 storeys, 2 windows to each house. C19 windows with heavy moulded lintels of cornice form; No.135 has C19 large-pane sashes and No.133 has late C20 casements. No.135 has a C19 entrance door with 4 panels, No.133 has a C20 flush door. No.135 was until C19 in the form of a cross-wing; this has a little exposed studwork of good quality and a moulded binding joist. Both ranges have original plain crownpost roofs, the posts square with 2-way plank bracing. There appears formerly to have been a further cell to left.

Listing NGR: TM0870255252

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
436932
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 28 Aug 2000
Reference: IOE01/02391/06
Rights: Copyright IoE AG Turner. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].