WEST PIER LIGHTHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1253731

Date first listed: 04-Dec-1972

Statutory Address: WEST PIER LIGHTHOUSE, THE PIERS

Map

Ordnance survey map of WEST PIER LIGHTHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253731 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 12:43:52.

Location

Statutory Address: WEST PIER LIGHTHOUSE, THE PIERS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Scarborough (District Authority)

Parish: Whitby

National Grid Reference: NZ 89943 11722

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 1811 THE PIERS

West Pier Lighthouse NZ 8911 4/6

II

2. Built 1831 from the design of Mr Francis Pickernell, the engineer to the Harbour Trustees. Consists of fluted Doric columns surmounted by an octagonal lantern (glazed on the seawards elevation) with octagonal lead dome and vane. Rails round lantern. Visited by Princess Victoria in 1834.

Listing NGR: NZ8994311722

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 437031

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing