CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1253742

Date first listed: 20-Apr-1972

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST, STATION ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253742 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 02:17:48.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST, STATION ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: SK 91606 35232

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

Re-graded from B to II on 25th January 2005.

607/5/200 STATION ROAD 20-APR-72 SPITTLEGATE CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST

II Church. 1840-1, extended 1883-4. 83 x 53 feet. Ancaster stone. Architect A. Salvin, built by local firm of Wilson and Collingwood under patronage of Lady Brownlow and with a contribution from Queen Adelaide 1840-41. Plain early English style, short window tower with pinnacles. Aisles widened 1883-4, when chancel rebuilt. Low circular piers. St. George's chapel in south transept - war memorial and has 5 lancet windows with stained glass of 1911 by Archibald Nicholson of Lincoln's Inn - a copy of C14 glass at Chartres.

This List entry has been amended to add sources for War Memorials Online and the War Memorials Register. These sources were not used in the compilation of this List entry but are added here as a guide for further reading, 27 October 2017.

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 193015

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Websites
War Memorials Online, accessed 27 October 2017 from https://www.warmemorialsonline.org.uk/memorial/180601
War Memorials Register, accessed 27 October 2017 from http://www.iwm.org.uk/memorials/item/memorial/59792

End of official listing