CRIPPENDEN MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1253834
Date first listed:
10-Sep-1954
Statutory Address:
CRIPPENDEN MANOR HOUSE, GILLRIDGE LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CRIPPENDEN MANOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253834 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2019 at 14:06:10.

Location

Statutory Address:
CRIPPENDEN MANOR HOUSE, GILLRIDGE LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Kent
District:
Sevenoaks (District Authority)
Parish:
Cowden
National Grid Reference:
TQ 44715 41736

Details

1. 5280 COWDEN COWDEN Gillridge Lane Crippenden Manor House TQ 44 SW 52/294 10.9.54.

II*

2. Built in 1607 by Richard Tichborne who had a foundry in the Parish. Brick and tile hung elevations masking framed structure. Square paned leaded casement windows in wooden frames with wooden mullions and transoms. Irregular building with half hipped gable ends, 2 storeys and attic windows. Modern restoration and additions. Front entrance with antique carved oak frame and double studded doors with carved headpiece. Ornamental carved oak frieze above and plaster infilling on either side of door between vertical half timbering (modern restoration). East elevation. Brick base with stone mullioned and transomed windows. Tile hanging above carried up 2 storeys with guttered eaves, hip ridge tiled roof with tall Tudor coupled stacks.

Listing NGR: TQ4471541736

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
357096
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 08 Jun 2005
Reference: IOE01/14316/26
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David Brown. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].