BOUNDARY WALL TO FARMYARD AT LONG RIGG FARM

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1253850
Date first listed:
14-May-1992
Statutory Address:
BOUNDARY WALL TO FARMYARD AT LONG RIGG FARM, ESKDALE GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of BOUNDARY WALL TO FARMYARD AT LONG RIGG FARM
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253850.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2019 at 13:23:12.

Location

Statutory Address:
BOUNDARY WALL TO FARMYARD AT LONG RIGG FARM, ESKDALE GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Cumbria
District:
Copeland (District Authority)
Parish:
Eskdale
National Park:
LAKE DISTRICT
National Grid Reference:
NY1392800620

Details

NY 1300 ESKDALE ESKDALE GREEN

328-0/14/10007 Boundary wall to farmyard at Long Rigg Farm

G.V. II

Boundary wall to farmyard. Probably 1903, for Lord Ree of Gatehouse. Random granite rubble. Links farmhouse, stable block; barn, pigsties and multi-functional range so as to enclose approximately rectangular farmyard. Approximately 2 metres high, with rubble battlements; interrupted by gateways between farmhouse and stable, stable and barn, and between pigsties and multi-functional range; has steps up to small gateway at north- east corner between pigsties and barn. Completes unity to model farm; included for group value.

Listing NGR: NY1359900143

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
351981
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 24 Aug 2000
Reference: IOE01/02672/13
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Julian Thurgood. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].