ST CUTHBERTS SOCIETY BOAT HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1253853
Date first listed:
10-Dec-1990
Statutory Address:
ST CUTHBERTS SOCIETY BOAT HOUSE, GREEN LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of ST CUTHBERTS SOCIETY BOAT HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253853.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2019 at 16:22:04.

Location

Statutory Address:
ST CUTHBERTS SOCIETY BOAT HOUSE, GREEN LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
County Durham (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
NZ 27937 42412

Details

The following Building shall be added to the list:-

DURHAM & FRAMWELLGATE St Cuthberts Society

N2 24 SE Boat House 15/480 off Green Lane (North Side)

II

Boat house. 1894. Built for the StCuthberts Society Boat Club. Red brick with slate roofs. Chamfered plinth. Cut brick eaves. North front, facing river, has 7 bay single storey boat shed to right with brick buttress pilasters between. The second bay has a large 3 light window, with above a small window in a gable, the fifth bay has a single 3 light window with segment head. To the east a 2 storey club house cross wing with a segment headed 3 light window and above a projecting wooden balcony with hipped slate roof and a central, half-glazed, 4 panel door with flanking side lights. Above a small stone plaque inscribe 1894. West gable end has double flank door.

Listing NGR: NZ2793742412

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
110527
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 12 May 2001
Reference: IOE01/03803/28
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Bob Cottrell. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].