COTTAGE ADJACENT TO WEST OF ANCIENT HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1253909

Date first listed: 30-Nov-1987

Statutory Address: COTTAGE ADJACENT TO WEST OF ANCIENT HOUSE, THE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of COTTAGE ADJACENT TO WEST OF ANCIENT HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253909 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 11:34:37.

Location

Statutory Address: COTTAGE ADJACENT TO WEST OF ANCIENT HOUSE, THE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Tendring (District Authority)

Parish: Ardleigh

National Grid Reference: TM 05305 29456

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ARDLEIGH THE STREET TM 02 NE (south side)

6/61 Cottage adjacent to west of Ancient House

GV II

Cottage. C19 front range, C17/C18 or earlier rear range. Front range plastered brick, grey slate roof gabled to road rear red brick chimney stack. Rear range timber framed and weatherboarded, red plain tiled gambrel roof, rear chimney stack. 2 storeys front range, one storey and attics rear range with 2 flat headed dormers. Bargeboards and finial to front gable. 2 window range of small paned vertically sliding sashes. 2 light casements and vertically boarded doors to rear range. Probably occupied by William Lappiage, shopkeeper, 1796. F.H. Erith, Ardleigh in 1796", 1978.

Listing NGR: TM0530529456

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 437231

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Erith, F H, Ardleigh in 1796, (1978)

End of official listing