CYPRESS COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1253910
Date first listed:
30-Nov-1987
Statutory Address:
CYPRESS COTTAGE, THE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CYPRESS COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253910 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Sep-2019 at 15:06:56.

Location

Statutory Address:
CYPRESS COTTAGE, THE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Essex
District:
Tendring (District Authority)
Parish:
Ardleigh
National Grid Reference:
TM0521729461

Details

TM 02 NE 6/64

ARDLEIGH THE STREET (south side) Cypress Cottage

GV II

Cottage. C18 or earlier. Red brick. Red plain tiled gambrel roof. Central red brick chimney stack. One storey and attics. 2 catslide dormers. Right and left 2 light casements with glazing bars, segmental heads. Off centre right panelled doors, reveals, moulded surround and frieze, flat canopy on brackets. Occupied by John Bond, blacksmith, 1796 and in use as a smithy until 1960. F.H. Erith, Ardleigh in 1796", 1978.

Listing NGR: TM0521729461

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
437234
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Erith, F H, Ardleigh in 1796, (1978)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 06 Jun 2002
Reference: IOE01/07567/28
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Kelvin Cuffy. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].