Heritage Category:
Listed Building
List Entry Number:
Date first listed:
Statutory Address:


© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253922.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 04-Dec-2020 at 23:27:16.


Statutory Address:

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

Greater London Authority
Harrow (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 11843 89799


ELM PARK ROAD 1. 5016 Pinner TQ 1189 34/27 No 13 (Tudor Cottage)


2. Detached house. 1921. Designed by Ernest George Trobridge. Clad in rough sawn elm boards and tile hanging, with some brown brick to lower walls and to stacks; plain tiled steeply pitched, double pitched roof to low eaves. 1 storey plus roof storey. Irregular composition; 2 fused gables, facing street, with roof ridges running at right angles to the street. Left side of facade is clad in untrimmed elm boarding, running horizontally; the right side is tile hung above the ground floor. Polygonal bay window to right of centre, with conical roof breaking up into upper floor, and glazing continuing as further right angular projection to left of centre. Projecting bay window to left side on upper floor beneath lean-to roof; square headed 5 light window to right side at upper floor level, the centre light with a high cill to accommodate the rising conical roof from the bay window below. Painted timber mullions and small rectangular leaded panes, having floral motifs in stained glass to corners of windows. Painted lead trimming around windows, trimmed to form wavy pattern beneath cills. Double, planked, garage doors to right side. Entrance slightly recessed to left hand corner, beneath overhanging roof; original planked door. 2 substantial, tall, clustered and moulded brick chimney stacks, with moulded tops. Interiors not seen, but also likely to be of architectural interest. Architects Journal, 8-9-1982. New Society, 2-12-82. Ernest George Trobridge 1884-1942, Architect Extraordinary, Exhibition Catalogue Oxford Polytechnic.

Listing NGR: TQ1184389799


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
Legacy System:


Books and journals
'Exhibition Catalogue Oxford Polytechnic' in Ernest George Trobridge 1884-1942 Architect Exraordinary, ()
'New Society' in 2 December, (1982)
'Architects Journal' in 8 September, (1982)


This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 17 Aug 1999
Reference: IOE01/01042/24
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Julian Marsh. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].