This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

KENTON LANE FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: KENTON LANE FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1253950

Location

KENTON LANE FARMHOUSE, KENTON LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Harrow

District Type: London Borough

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 03-Feb-1989

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 437262

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

The following shall be added:

1. 5016 KENTON LANE

TQ 19 SE 2/29 Kenton Lane Farmhouse

II GV 2. Farmhouse, now house. Built c1808, to designs of William Loudon and Robert Abraham. Flemish bond red brick; hipped slate roof; brick ridge and end stacks. Double-depth plans. 2 storeys; symmetrical 3-bay front, extended to 4 bays by addtion of bay to right soon after 1808. Flat brick arches over C20 door and C20 windows, recessed with segmental gauged brick arches to ground floor; twin brackets to overhanging eaves. Similar rear elevation. Mid C19 two and one-storey bays added to right, with cambered brick arches over windows. Interior: panelled doors and dog-leg staircase with landing. Kenton Lane Farm was leased by William Loudon (Father of J C Loudon, the famous land agent and writer on agriculture and rural architecture) in 1808 and was immediately replanned with its buildings (qv) grouped around a courtyard and its land managed and cultivated in accordance with the latest techniques.

Listing NGR: TQ1685190173

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TQ 16851 90173

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1253950 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Sep-2018 at 12:37:06.

End of official listing