This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

HAMPTON COURT HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: HAMPTON COURT HOUSE

List entry Number: 1254053

Location

HAMPTON COURT HOUSE, CAMPBELL ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Richmond upon Thames

District Type: London Borough

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 18-Feb-1976

Date of most recent amendment: 23-Oct-1983

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 437415

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5028 CAMPBELL ROAD

Hampton Court House

TQ 16 NE 7/3 TQ 15 68 32/3

II 18.2.76

2.

1757 with C19 additions, and alterations. Built for the mistress of the Earl of Halifax and now an old peoples' home. Two main storeys, basement and attic. Entrance front C19, 7 bays wide [1:1:3:1:1]. End bays project. Centre piece is a 3 window canted bay surmounted with a dome and cupola. Brown brick with stone dressings above a chanelled stucco basement. Stone cornice, blocking course and balustrated parapet. To either side, set back, are 2 storey wings. To the front a pair of single storey pavilios with arched windows. Garden front C18. 2 storeys plus basement to attic. 11 bays, 5 bay projecting centre. Single storey wings of 3 bays to either side. Cornice, subsidiary cornice between main storeys. Outer bays with stucco Doric pilasters. Steps to central entrance. To the north, a glazed conservatory circa 1870, and a ballroom (now used as a theatre). This imposing building has a large frieze of Tuscan pilaster and a heavy pedimented cornice. Coloured brick work to lower wall. Interior not seen.

Selected Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 17 Greater London

National Grid Reference: TQ 15370 69009

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1254053 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Sep-2018 at 02:25:39.

End of official listing