STABLE BLOCK AT BLOXHOLM HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1254078

Date first listed: 23-Nov-1951

Date of most recent amendment: 07-Dec-1987

Statutory Address: STABLE BLOCK AT BLOXHOLM HALL, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLE BLOCK AT BLOXHOLM HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1254078 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Dec-2018 at 03:20:13.

Location

Statutory Address: STABLE BLOCK AT BLOXHOLM HALL, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: North Kesteven (District Authority)

Parish: Ashby De La Launde and Bloxholm

National Grid Reference: TF 06382 53934

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ASHBY DE LA LAUNDE MAIN STREET: Bloxholm TF 05 SE AND BLOXHOLM (west side) 4/14 Stable block at Bloxholm Hall (formerly listed as 23.11.51 part of west wing of Bloxholm Hall and detached stables) GV II Stable block. 1825. Designed by Lewis Vulliamy, in the Tudor style. Coursed limestone rubble with ashlar dressings. Slate roofs with ashlar coped gables and finials, four moulded ashlar, gable stacks. Ashlar quoins. Single storey plus attic. U plan, with iron railings and gate, with moulded ashlar gate piers enclosing the south side. The north range has 5 sets of double doors in flush ashlar, 4 centred arched surrounds. Above a central 3 light mullion window in a stone gable, with the date 1825, either side are wooden gabled dormers with 2 light casements. The matching east and west ranges have a set of double doors, in flush ashlar, 4-centred arched surrounds the 3, 2 light mullion windows, and a four centred arched doorway with overlight, and another 2 light mullion window beyond. Above a single wooden gabled dormer with 2 light casement, and in the south gables, single 2 light mullion windows. All these openings have chamfered ashlar surrounds and Tudor hoods.

Listing NGR: TF0638253934

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 437445

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing