LEASINGHAM HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1254207

Date first listed: 23-Nov-1951

Date of most recent amendment: 07-Dec-1987

Statutory Address: LEASINGHAM HALL, CAPTAIN'S HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of LEASINGHAM HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1254207 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 03:29:41.

Location

Statutory Address: LEASINGHAM HALL, CAPTAIN'S HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: North Kesteven (District Authority)

Parish: Leasingham

National Grid Reference: TF 05659 48381

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LEASINGHAM CAPTAIN'S HILL TF 04 NE (west side) 8/38 Leasingham Hall 23.11.51 (formerly listed as The Hall) GV II Small country house, now 6 flats. C17, C18, remodelled 1836 with C20 alte- rations. Coursed limestone rubble and brick with ashlar dressings. Slate roofs. A single lateral, 2 gable and 3 ridge moulded ashlar stacks. Ashlar coped gables with kneelers, some with finials. Flush ashlar quoins. Chamfered ashlar plinth. Chamfered first floor band. Ashlar corbels to the eaves. Irregular plan. East, entrance front, 3 bay, 2 storey with central projecting porch with diagonal buttresses, a chamfered eaves band and a coped parapet which continues over the shallow gable which contains a shield. The opening has a chamfered four- centred arch, inscribed "1836". The inner doorway also has a chamfered four- centred arched surround, with double partially glazed doors, with side lights and an overlight. To the left a 2 light chamfered mullion window with hood, and to the right a slightly projecting external stack, which bears an ashlar shield bearing the Myddlton arms. Above 2, 2 light chamfered mullion windows with hoods. South front, 2 bays, 2 storey plus attic. To the left an ashlar canted bay window surmounted by coped battlements, with glazing bar casements, and to the right a single 3 light chamfered mullion casement with hood. Above 2, 2 light chamfered mullion casements with hoods. Above again to the right a small single flat headed lancet with a hood. West front, 3 bays, 2 storey plus attic. Between each bay are single buttresses with set offs. To the right a pair of cross casement double doors with a hood, in the centre a doorway with C20 door, and to the left a single glazing bar sash under a segment head. Above 2 similar sashes, and above again 2 gabled dormers with 2 light casements, to the right in the gable a small flat headed lancet with hood. To the west a tall 2½ storey, 2 bay wing with a lower 2 storey flat topped linking block. This link has on the south a doorway with a 6 panel door with overlight under a segment head with ashlar keystone. To the right a small 2 light chamfered mullion window with a flat head. Above a single glazing bar sash with segment head and keystone. The west wall of this link has a single similar sash to each floor. The link is topped with an ornate wooden balustrade. The south wall of the west wing has a single glazing bar sash with segment head and key- stone on the first floor and above a small glazing bar sash and a 2 light case- ment. The west gable wall has 2 oval windows on the upper floor, with moulded ashlar surrounds with scroll keystones, these surrounds are heavily weathered and are probably early C18 in date, re-sited in thie present position c1836. To the rear a single storey range of garages. This house was burnt in the early C19, and repaired and partly rebuilt in 1836.

Listing NGR: TF0565948381

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 437636

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing