THE GRANGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1254276

Date first listed: 15-Sep-1988

Statutory Address: THE GRANGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE GRANGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1254276 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 12:28:48.

Location

Statutory Address: THE GRANGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Upton Scudamore

National Grid Reference: ST 86376 47726

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

UPTON SCUDAMORE ST 84 NE 8/221 UPTON SCUDAMORE VILLAGE The Grange GV II House. Early C18 with additions of early-mid C18 and of 1747 (datestone); altered mid C20 and renovated 1981. Rubblestone, rendered at front, with brick and stone dressings. Plain tile roofs. 2 storey, 3-bay house, formerly with entrance between left-hand bays having external rear-wall stack; 2 slightly-recessed, single-storey bays added to left and early-mid C18, these rebuilt 1981 with brick end wall and the right-hand bay raised to 2 storeys; 2-storey bay added to right end 1747. Main 4-bay range: right end has rusticated quoins, removed above 1st-floor sill level; entrance to bay 3 masked by 1981 gabled porch; ovolo-moulded mullion windows with dripmoulds, of 2 lights to left bay and above door, of 3 lights to bay 2, and a 1981 2-light chamfered mullion window to bay 4; roof hipped with stacks to rear between bays 1 and 2 and to right bay. Left-hand addition; 2-light flat-faced mullion windows with chamfered lintels and dripmoulds, the left bay with a stable door; stack between bays. Rear: mostly unrendered of rubblestone with brick quoins indicating different builds and a few stone quoins at right end of main range; main features are the two external stacks, offset at eaves level, the right-hand one very wide, both with brick quoins; windows are C20 casements or sashes, some having brick jambs, with wood or cement lintels. Right return: rusticated quoins; 1981 UPVC windows replacing sashes with glazing bars (photograph) those on 1st floor flanking datestone "WBA 1747". Interior: on ground floor, large-scantling chamfered beans; large-scantling bressumer to inglenook; angled corner fireplace in room adjoining that with inglenook having stepped stone surround; roof has collared principal rafter roof trusses with threaded through purlins and intermediate collared rafter trusses.

Listing NGR: ST8637647726

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 437717

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing