WILLEY HALL BROSELEY DRIVE BRIDGE UNDER B4376

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1254339

Date first listed: 07-Oct-1993

Statutory Address: WILLEY HALL BROSELEY DRIVE BRIDGE UNDER B4376

Map

Ordnance survey map of WILLEY HALL BROSELEY DRIVE BRIDGE UNDER B4376
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1254339 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 13:54:01.

Location

Statutory Address: WILLEY HALL BROSELEY DRIVE BRIDGE UNDER B4376

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Shropshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Barrow

National Grid Reference: SJ 66881 00586

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

The following building shall be added to the list:-

SJ 60 SE BARROW WILLEY

9/10017 Willey Hall Broseley drive Bridge under B4376

II

Estate bridge. Circa 1830; girder dated 1828. Buff-coloured brick with stone coping and cast-iron girders. Single span over drive bridged by a series of cast-iron girders placed side by side and set into an otherwise brick structure; one of the girders has date 1828 cast on its soffit. The drive is in a cutting under the B 4376 road and the bridge abutments are curved out along the drive and terminate in plain piers with stone caps. The abutments are extended by what appear to be later C19 brick revetments with brick coping, curving down to small terminal piers with stone caps. The bridge carries the B 4376 road over the drive from Broseley Lodge [5/1] qv to Willey Hall [14/20] qv, which was built in 1812-15 to the designs of Lewis William Wyatt. One of the iron girders is dated 1828 and the bridge first appears on the 1838 Tithe Map.

Listing NGR: SJ6688100586

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 437806

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing