This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

FULWELL GOLF CLUB HOUSE (LADIES CHANGING ROOMS AND KKITCHEN)

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: FULWELL GOLF CLUB HOUSE (LADIES CHANGING ROOMS AND KKITCHEN)

List entry Number: 1254356

Location

FULWELL GOLF CLUB HOUSE (LADIES CHANGING ROOMS AND KKITCHEN), WELLLINGTON ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Richmond upon Thames

District Type: London Borough

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 10-Aug-1990

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 437837

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

The following building shall be added:-

TQ 1471 WELLINGTON ROAD (off) FULWELL GOLF CLUB HOUSE 18/211 (LADIES CHANGING ROOMS AND KITCHEN)

II

Former farmhouse, later golf club house. C.1830. Built of stock brick in Flemish bond with hipped slate roof with stock brick stack. Wooden wide modillion eaves cornice. Central part of 2 storeys with 3 window spaces, the central are blank. 1st floor has 2 16-pane sashes. Stringcourse. Ground floor has one 16-pane sash, 1 round-headed blank and French windows to right hand side. 2 lower wings on each side of central part, left wing has 1st floor 16-pane sash and 12-pane sash to ground floor. Left casement to 1st floor right and round-headed arch with doorcase with surround and paterae and 6 panelled door the top 4 panels glazed. Right side wing of 2 storeys 4 windows; 3 casements and one9 pane sash with horns. Ground floor has 2 cembered French windows; one 12-pane sash and built in doorcase with reeded and paterae. End 2 bays probably not original. Rear elevation has central part with 2 16-pane sashes with central blank and windows with reeded architraves with paterae. One wing has 2 sashes other wing obscured by later building not of special interest. Interior contains a reused early C18 wooden staircase with 1 twisted and one columner baluster to each step and corner posts in the form of composite columns. 2 early C19 4 panelled doors with raised patterns and set of 3 folding doors with similar pattern. 2 late C19 chimney pieces with rose and pomegranite details. Tiled former dairy with slate shelves. A golf club house since the 1920s it was formerly a farmhouse known as Slade Farmhouse.

Listing NGR: TQ1461171766

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TQ 14611 71766

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1254356 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Sep-2018 at 05:02:40.

End of official listing