THE PRIORY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1254400
Date first listed:
29-Jul-1955
Date of most recent amendment:
16-Mar-1988
Statutory Address:
THE PRIORY, HALF MOON STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE PRIORY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1254400 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2019 at 17:41:54.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE PRIORY, HALF MOON STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Suffolk
District:
Mid Suffolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Redgrave
National Grid Reference:
TM 04854 77708

Details

REDGRAVE HALF MOON LANE (NORTH TM 0477 SIDE) 5/75 The Priory (formerly 29.7.55 listed as Priory House) GV II House. 'WR 1844' inscribed to rear, possibly for Wm. Rogers, Gardener to Redgrave Hall (demolished). Clay lump, plastered. Shallow hipped slate roof. 3 bay block. 2 storeys. Central entrance: a 6 raised panelled door with a rectangular fanlight, panelled reveal, doorcase with semi-round reeded mouldings, lozenges at angles, cornice. Recessed glazing bar sashes. Projecting pilaster strips articulating each bay and linked by an eaves band. Plinth, boxed eaves. 2 axial ridge stacks flanking centre bay. Short C20 spur walls at ends. Plain returns with a half glazed door towards rear left. To rear 2 and 3-light glazing bar casements and French windows, date below eaves. Extending to rear right a 1 storey outbuilding with a door and 2-light casements. Interior: dogleg staircase with slat balusters, ramped, moulded and wreathed handrail, turned newel posts, cheek pieces; original architraved panelled doors, cornices.

Listing NGR: TM0485477708

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
437816
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 Jul 2007
Reference: IOE01/16660/07
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Kenneth D'Maurney-Gibbons. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].