GIBBON MONUMENT APPROXIMATELY 16 METRES NORTH EAST OF THE CHANCEL OF THE OLD CHURCH OF ST PETER

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1254445
Date first listed:
24-Aug-1990
Statutory Address:
GIBBON MONUMENT APPROXIMATELY 16 METRES NORTH EAST OF THE CHANCEL OF THE OLD CHURCH OF ST PETER, OLD CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of GIBBON MONUMENT APPROXIMATELY 16 METRES NORTH EAST OF THE CHANCEL OF THE OLD CHURCH OF ST PETER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1254445.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2019 at 23:57:00.

Location

Statutory Address:
GIBBON MONUMENT APPROXIMATELY 16 METRES NORTH EAST OF THE CHANCEL OF THE OLD CHURCH OF ST PETER, OLD CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Kent
District:
Tunbridge Wells (District Authority)
Parish:
Pembury
National Grid Reference:
TQ 62635 42986

Details

TQ 64 SW PEMBURY OLD CHURCH ROAD

5/399 Gibbon monument approx 16m north east of the chancel of the Old Church of St Peter GV II

Monument. Dated 1846 in memory of Robert Gibbon M.D.. Sandstone ashlar with slate plaque. Monument is square in section, tapering with panelled sides with moulded cornice, moulded base and surmounted by an urn with drapery on a 2-step plinth. The whole monument has a 2-step plinth and the lower step has the sockets for iron railings. The slate plaque is inscribed in Roman serif upper and lower case lettering and records the death of Robert Gibbon in 1846. The plaque has fallen off and now (1989) leans against the monument.

Listing NGR: TQ6268442960

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
437942
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 25 Feb 2005
Reference: IOE01/11182/30
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr Ray Hawkins. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].