This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

20, WESTFIELD TERRACE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: 20, WESTFIELD TERRACE

List entry Number: 1254481

Location

20, WESTFIELD TERRACE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Sheffield

District Type: Metropolitan Authority

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 28-Jun-1973

Date of most recent amendment: 12-Dec-1995

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 457014

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SHEFFIELD

SK3487SE WESTFIELD TERRACE 784-1/23/759 (West side) 28/06/73 No.20 (Formerly Listed as: WESTFIELD TERRACE Entrance building to Royal Hospital)

II

Formerly known as: Mount Zion Chapel WESTFIELD TERRACE. Chapel entrance portal, now the facade to an office building. Dated 1834, restored and converted 1988. Ashlar. Classical Revival style. Plinth, angle pilasters, string course, entablature, coped parapet. Single storey; 3 bays. Projecting portico with pediment dated 1834, and a pair of giant Ionic columns in antis. The frieze is inscribed "Mount Zion". Under the portico, a round-headed window on each side, the side ones blank, and a C20 door with blank overlight. Beyond, on either side, a set back bay each with a tall round-headed window with moulded surround and C20 glazing. This building was formerly used as the entrance portico to the Royal Hospital (not included). (The Buildings of England: Pevsner N: Yorkshire: The West Riding: London: 1967-: 464).

Listing NGR: SK3488487135

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Radcliffe, E, The Buildings of England: Yorkshire: The West Riding, (1967), 464

National Grid Reference: SK 34884 87135

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1254481 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Sep-2018 at 08:06:41.

End of official listing