FULWOOD OLD CHAPEL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1254489

Date first listed: 28-Jun-1973

Statutory Address: FULWOOD OLD CHAPEL, WHITELEY LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of FULWOOD OLD CHAPEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1254489 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 13:55:18.

Location

Statutory Address: FULWOOD OLD CHAPEL, WHITELEY LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Sheffield (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SK 30278 85132

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SHEFFIELD

SK38NW WHITELEY LANE 784-1/5/763 (North side) 28/06/73 Fulwood Old Chapel

GV II

Unitarian chapel. Dated 1729, with late C19 additions and C20 alterations. Coursed squared stone with ashlar dressings and artificial stone slate roofs with a gable stack. Plinth, quoins, coped gables with kneelers. Single storey; 4 window range. In the centre, two 2-light mullioned windows and above them a tablet inscribed "Built 1729 in pursuance of the last Will of Mr W Roncksley". Beyond, single plank doors with stone surrounds and lintels, and beyond them, single 2-light mullioned windows. All these windows have chamfered mullions. Below the right window, a small cellar light. To left, a set back C19 single window addition with a 3-light casement and C20 door. INTERIOR: rendered and has flat ceiling. Plain square pulpit and table, C20 reading desk and rail. 2 memorial tablets. (The Buildings of England: Pevsner N: Yorkshire: The West Riding: London: 1967-: 478).

Listing NGR: SK3027885132

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 457346

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Radcliffe, E, The Buildings of England: Yorkshire: The West Riding, (1967), 478

End of official listing