SADACCA SOCIAL CENTRE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1254493
Date first listed:
28-Jun-1973
Date of most recent amendment:
12-Dec-1995
Statutory Address:
SADACCA SOCIAL CENTRE, 46 AND 48, WICKER

Map

Ordnance survey map of SADACCA SOCIAL CENTRE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1254493.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2019 at 14:30:34.

Location

Statutory Address:
SADACCA SOCIAL CENTRE, 46 AND 48, WICKER

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Sheffield (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SK 35851 87879

Details

SHEFFIELD

SK3587NE WICKER 784-1/20/770 (South East side) 28/06/73 Nos.46 AND 48 Sadacca Social Centre (Formerly Listed as: THE WICKER Nos.46 AND 48 front block only)

II

Public hall, now social centre. Dated 1853. For J Shortridge. Brick with ashlar front and dressings, slate hung right gable and slate roof, with 2 large corniced gable stacks and 3 smaller gable stacks. Plinth, quoins, second floor string course and sillband, deep moulded modillion wooden eaves cornice. Above the cornice, 2 corniced square pedestals topped with urns. 3 storeys plus attics ; 3 window range. Rusticated first floor has 3 round-arched recesses with voussoirs and ornamented keystones, each containing a Venetian window. Balcony with stone brackets and piers, and cast-iron balustrade. Above, 3 cross casements with moulded surrounds and segmental pediments. Above again, 2 wooden gabled dormers. Heavily rusticated ground floor has 3 elliptical arched entrances with voussoirs, the central one blocked. The flanking entrances have double doors with round-arched glazed panels and traceried fanlights. Datestone inscribed "J Shortridge 1853". INTERIOR not inspected.

Listing NGR: SK3585187879

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
457352
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 20 Oct 2002
Reference: IOE01/08421/05
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs Barbara A West. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].