Heritage Category:
Listed Building
List Entry Number:
Date first listed:
Statutory Address:


© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1254499.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 01-Dec-2021 at 00:48:55.


Statutory Address:

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

City of Nottingham (Unitary Authority)
Non Civil Parish
National Grid Reference:
SK 57665 40002



SK5739NE HEATHCOAT STREET 646-1/21/254 (East side) 12/07/72 People's Hall


2 houses, now club and shop. Dated 1750. Converted and altered 1854 for George Gill. Red brick, partly rendered, with painted ashlar dressings and slate roofs. EXTERIOR: main building, to right, has quoins, rendered plinth and parapet, first floor sill band and eaves band. 3 storeys; 5 window range. Regular fenestration, mid C19 plain sashes with wedge lintels and double keystones. Heavily rusticated central doorcase with double keystone and pediment, and panelled double doors. Right return has 3 gables, one rebuilt, and a round-arched doorway with fielded 6-panel door and fanlight. Rainwater head dated 1750. Lower building, to left, has rendered ground floor and second floor sill band. 3 storeys; 5 window range of C19 plain sashes with stone lintels. Above, 5 similar sashes with wedge lintels and double keystones. Above again, a double hipped clerestory roof. Ground floor has C20 door to left and 4 glazing bar sashes to right. INTERIOR has a good quality open well staircase, mid C18, with triple turned and twist balusters, cut string and ramped scrolled handrail. Panelled wainscot. Landing has wall panels and modillion cornice to ceiling with octagonal panel. 3 original 6-panel doors with pedimented doorcases. On the half-landing, a French window with sidelights. Ground floor has 2 rooms combined c1870. 3 walls with C18 fielded and enriched panelling and frieze, modillion cornice, and painted wooden fireplace with cornice and pedimented overmantel. On the first floor, a similar room with 3 original panelled walls and two fielded panelled doors with enriched friezes and cornices. Carved wooden fireplace and overmantel with broken pediment and enrichments. Adjoining room, mid C19, has a queen post truss roof with hipped clerestory. (The Buildings of England: Pevsner N: Nottinghamshire: London: 1979-: 232).

Listing NGR: SK5766540002


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
Legacy System:


Books and journals
Williamson, E, The Buildings of England: Nottinghamshire, (1979), 232


This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].