WRIGHT TOMB 1 METRE EAST OF SOUTH PIER OF WEST GATE TO ST LAWRENCE'S CHURCHYARD

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1254500
Date first listed:
06-Dec-1985
Statutory Address:
WRIGHT TOMB 1 METRE EAST OF SOUTH PIER OF WEST GATE TO ST LAWRENCE'S CHURCHYARD, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of WRIGHT TOMB 1 METRE EAST OF SOUTH PIER OF WEST GATE TO ST LAWRENCE'S CHURCHYARD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1254500.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Nov-2019 at 21:33:35.

Location

Statutory Address:
WRIGHT TOMB 1 METRE EAST OF SOUTH PIER OF WEST GATE TO ST LAWRENCE'S CHURCHYARD, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cheshire West and Chester (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Frodsham
National Grid Reference:
SJ 52090 77291

Details

FRODSHAM C.P. CHURCH ROAD SJ 57 NW (North Side) 2/63 Wright Tomb 1 metre east of south pier of west gate to St Lawrence's churchyard. GV II Monument circa 1806. Grey stone. A truncated obelisk on a panelled square plinth. A raised oval panel on each side of obelisk. East panel inscribed "Beneath are deposited the Remains of John son of John and Sarah Wright of Norley who died February 28 1810, aged 32 years". South panel inscribed "BENEATH are deposited the Remains of Sarah wife of John Wright of Norley who died December 3 1806 aged 55". The west panel inscribed "ALSO the mortal Remains of Elizabeth 2nd Wife of the said John Wright who died March 21st 1832 Aged 80 years.

Listing NGR: SJ5209077291

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
457359
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 06 Jul 2005
Reference: IOE01/14329/04
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr R. A. Brierley. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].