This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

HUNTERS' FARM

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: HUNTERS' FARM

List entry Number: 1254564

Location

HUNTERS' FARM, 31 AND 33, MAIN ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: City of Nottingham

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 01-Jul-1988

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 457483

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NOTTINGHAM

SK53NE MAIN ROAD, Wilford 646-1/7/810 (West side) 01/07/88 Nos.31 AND 33 Hunters' Farm

II

Farmhouse, now house. C17 and 1724, with C19 addition and mid C20 alterations. Restored c1988. Timber framing and brick, mainly rendered and painted, with steep pitched plain tile roof and brick coped gables. Renewed off-centre ridge stack. First floor band. 2 storeys; 3 window range. Lobby entry plan, with 2 parallel rear wings. Windows are all late C20 glazing bar casements. Street front has central 4-light window flanked by 3-light windows, and above, 3 similar windows. Left gable has a similar window, and the date 1724 in pale headers. At the rear, renewed door and window. INTERIOR contains internal bay posts with arch braces, stud partitions and chamfered spine beams. Inglenook fireplace. On the first floor, a stud partition. Roof trusses with collar and tie beams, purlins and double wall plate. Some early C18 panelled door, and a C17 door. C19 wooden staircase. (The Buildings of England: Pevsner N: Nottinghamshire: London: 1979-: 272).

Listing NGR: SK5654436973

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Williamson, E, The Buildings of England: Nottinghamshire, (1979), 272

National Grid Reference: SK 56544 36973

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1254564 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2018 at 03:55:35.

End of official listing