This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THE OLD BANK HOUSE AND ATTACHED RAILINGS

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE OLD BANK HOUSE AND ATTACHED RAILINGS

List entry Number: 1255072

Location

THE OLD BANK HOUSE AND ATTACHED RAILINGS, 3, HARTSHEAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Sheffield

District Type: Metropolitan Authority

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 01-May-1952

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 458656

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SHEFFIELD

SK3587NW HARTSHEAD 784-1/19/408 (North side) 01/05/52 No.3 Old Bank House and attached railing

GV II*

House, now offices and attached railing. 1728, restored 1978. For Nicholas Broadbent. Brick with ashlar dressings and slate roof with 3 gable stacks. Plinth, giant pilasters, the central pair rusticated, first and second floor bands, cornice, ramped coped parapet. 3 storeys; 5 window range. Double range plan. Windows are 12 pane sashes with plain stone surrounds. Central window has eared and shouldered surround with multiple keystone. Above, central window has moulded surround and sill and plain apron. Simple central doorcase with pediment on scroll brackets with 6-panel door and fanlight. To right, 2 windows, and to left, a single window, then a plain square headed carriage opening. Right return has two 12 pane sashes on the upper floors and a single one below. INTERIOR has a ground floor room with simple fielded panelling and corniced fireplace with basket grate. In 1771, a bank was opened here by Thomas Broadbent, grandson of the builder. (The Buildings of England: Pevsner N: Yorkshire: The West Riding: London: 1967-: 455; Advertising leaflet by present occupiers).

Listing NGR: SK3545887574

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Radcliffe, E, The Buildings of England: Yorkshire: The West Riding, (1967), 455

National Grid Reference: SK 35458 87574

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1255072 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 26-Sep-2018 at 03:34:18.

End of official listing