THATCHSTONE COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1255131

Date first listed: 04-Nov-1985

Statutory Address: THATCHSTONE COTTAGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THATCHSTONE COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1255131 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 02:39:28.

Location

Statutory Address: THATCHSTONE COTTAGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: Mid Devon (District Authority)

Parish: Washford Pyne

National Grid Reference: SS 80453 09826

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WASHFORD PYNE BLACK DOG SS 80 NW 6/276 Thatchstone Cottage - - II

House, former farmhouse. Late C17-early C18, thoroughly renovated in 1981. Plastered cob on rubble footings; rubble stack with C19 and C20 brick top; thatched roof. 4-room plan cottage facing south-east. Right (north-east) room is C20 extension and interior layout much-altered in 1981 renovation. Nearly central axial stack serving back-to-back fireplaces. 2 storeys. Irregular 4-window front of 1981 casements with glazing bars in late C19 style. 1981 glazed door left of centre. Roof is hipped to right and half-hipped to left. Stone rubble buttress on left (south-west) end facing road incorporates a plaque inscribed 'Built 1741, restored 1981'. Interior: Stack was much rebuilt in 1981. Rooms either side show only exposed original features. Small room to right has an axial beam and larger room to left has 2 crossbeams; all are chamfered with straight cut stops. Roof not inspected. According to present owner date of 1741 was his estimate of date of erection.

Listing NGR: SS8045309826

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 458772

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing