EAST BLOCK AT HOLLIS HOSPITAL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1255159
Date first listed:
12-Dec-1995
Statutory Address:
EAST BLOCK AT HOLLIS HOSPITAL, ECCLESALL ROAD SOUTH

Map

Ordnance survey map of EAST BLOCK AT HOLLIS HOSPITAL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1255159.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2019 at 01:15:25.

Location

Statutory Address:
EAST BLOCK AT HOLLIS HOSPITAL, ECCLESALL ROAD SOUTH

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Sheffield (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SK 31315 82653

Details

SHEFFIELD

SK38SW ECCLESALL ROAD SOUTH 784-1/9/297 (South East side) East block at Hollis Hospital

GV II

East block at Hollis Hospital, now old people's home. 1903. By Howard C Clarke. Red brick, with coursed squared stone plinth, rendered panels and sham timber framing with rendered nogging. Hipped plain tile roof with 2 brick ridge stacks with corbelled lozenge-shaped double flues. Vernacular Revival style. Single storey; 4 window range. Windows are mainly glazing bar sashes. In the centre, a half-glazed door flanked to right by a small glazing bar window. Beyond, square wooden bay windows with timber-framed gables, 3 lights. Right return has a recessed inscribed slate plaque, 1703, flanked by single segment-headed 8-pane sashes. Rear has similar fenestration, with a central 2-light casement. INTERIOR not inspected. The hospital was established by Thomas Hollis in 1703.

Listing NGR: SK3131582653

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
458830
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 01 Mar 2001
Reference: IOE01/03387/11
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs Barbara A West. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].