10, SHORT HILL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1255167
Date first listed:
12-Jul-1972
Statutory Address:
10, SHORT HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of 10, SHORT HILL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1255167 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Sep-2019 at 04:24:53.

Location

Statutory Address:
10, SHORT HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
City of Nottingham (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SK 57758 39644

Details

NOTTINGHAM

SK5739NE SHORT HILL 646-1/21/554 (South side) 12/07/72 No.10

GV II

Warehouse, now disused. c1860-70, with alterations and additions 1909 by Taylor & Thraves for CH Taylor. Red brick with ashlar dressings. Roof not visible behind coped parapet. Sill bands to each floor, modillion main cornice. 3 storeys; 3 window range of plain sashes with brick flat arches. Ground floor has to left, 2 similar windows. To right, an early C20 wooden doorcase with cornice on shaped brackets, 6-panel double door and glazing bar overlight. Right return blank. (Nottingham Industrial Archaeological Society Journal: Oldfield G: Nottingham: 1983-: 6; Salmon's Map of Nottingham: Nottingham: 1861-).

Listing NGR: SK5775839644

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
458853
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Nottingham Industrial Archaeology Society Journal' in Nottingham Industrial Archaeology Society Journal, (1983), 6

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 08 Sep 2001
Reference: IOE01/04738/22
Rights: Copyright IoE Ian Shapeero. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].