Heritage Category:
Listed Building
List Entry Number:
Date first listed:
Statutory Address:


© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1255182.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 29-Nov-2021 at 13:11:45.


Statutory Address:

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

City of Nottingham (Unitary Authority)
Non Civil Parish
National Grid Reference:
SK 57716 39710



SK5739NE STONEY STREET 646-1/21/631 (East side) 01/09/95 No.47


Factory, now offices. Mid C19, altered 1902, by GS Doughty of Nottingham for Mills & Gibbs. Red brick, with ashlar dressings. Roof not visible. Chamfered plinth, quoins to corner bay, first floor cornice, eaves cornice and blocking course. Windows are plain sashes with segmental heads and linked hood moulds. 5 storeys plus basement; 3 x 8 windows. Corner site with rebated rounded corner. Corner bay has a moulded ashlar doorcase altered to form a window, with segmental pediment. Dated 1902 with the monogram PLM (Philo L Mills). Above, a window on each floor. Stoney Street front has to left a 5-panel door with fanlight, and to its right, 2 windows. Above, 3 windows on each floor. Right return, to Plumptre Street, has to right, a window altered to a loading door, then a moulded 4-panel double door with fanlight. Below, 5 basement openings. Above, 8 windows on each floor. INTERIOR has stone winder stair and landing with cast-iron balustrade and ramped wooden handrail. 4 Classical style wooden doorcases with a half-glazed panelled door. Round cast-iron columns to moulded beams. (Nottingham Industrial Archaeological Society Journal: Oldfield G: Nottingham: 1983-: 3-7; Salmon's Map of Nottingham: Nottingham: 1861-).

Listing NGR: SK5771639710


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
Legacy System:


Books and journals
'Nottingham Industrial Archaeology Society Journal' in Nottingham Industrial Archaeology Society Journal, (1983), 3-7


This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 Apr 2006
Reference: IOE01/15252/15
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr Eric Ritchie. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].