16, STONEY STREET

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1255217
Date first listed:
12-Jul-1972
Date of most recent amendment:
30-Nov-1995
Statutory Address:
16, STONEY STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of 16, STONEY STREET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1255217.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2019 at 22:50:12.

Location

Statutory Address:
16, STONEY STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
City of Nottingham (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SK 57644 39817

Details

NOTTINGHAM

SK5739NE STONEY STREET 646-1/21/624 (West side) 12/07/72 No.16 (Formerly Listed as: STONEY STREET Nos.12, 14 AND 16)

GV II

Lace warehouses, now offices. 1872, by Evans & Jolley of Nottingham for Birkin Bros. Additions on Kings Place 1881 by the same architects. Raised later C19. Red brick and ashlar, with brick and ashlar dressings and slate roofs. Ashlar ground floor, plinth, ground floor and eaves cornices, dentillated brick string courses. Corner block, 4 storeys plus basement and attics; 3 x 16 windows. Windows are mainly original plain sashes, those to the ground floor in round-arched openings, those to the first and second floors segment-headed. Front, to Stoney Street, has a canted bay window, 4 storeys, with a round-arched doorway, 16-panel door and sidelights. On each side, single windows. Above, 4 plain sashes on each floor, flanked by single windows. Attic has a coped gable with a Venetian window. Canted corner, to left, has a window on each floor. Left return, to King's Place, has 8 double bays divided by pilasters. In the first bay, a double door with sidelights, further doors in the second and fifth bays, and regular fenestration above. (Nottingham Industrial Archaeological Society Journal: Oldfield G: Nottingham: 1984-: 3-7).

Listing NGR: SK5764439817

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
458876
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Nottingham Industrial Archaeology Society Journal' in Nottingham Industrial Archaeology Society Journal, (1983), 3-7

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 15 Jul 2001
Reference: IOE01/03597/05
Rights: Copyright IoE Ian Shapeero. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].