Heritage Category:
Listed Building
List Entry Number:
Date first listed:
Statutory Address:


© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1255235.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 30-Nov-2021 at 14:47:48.


Statutory Address:

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

City of Nottingham (Unitary Authority)
Non Civil Parish
National Grid Reference:
SK 57462 39868


This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 23/02/2015

SK5739NW 646-1/20/674

NOTTINGHAM, VICTORIA STREET (South side), No.16 (Former Reform Club)

(Formerly listed as 16 VICTORIA STREET (South side)) 12/07/72


Former office building. 1870. By Robert Evans of Nottingham for the Imperial Fire & Life Insurance Co. Altered to Reform Club 1913 by William Beedham Starr of Nottingham. Ashlar with Portland stone balustrade and slate mansard roof with 2 stylised gable stacks. French-Italian Renaissance style. Plinth, and cornices to each floor, the main cornice on brackets. 3 storeys plus attics; 5 window range. Projecting central entrance bay has a first floor balcony on brackets and a triple round-arched window. On either side, a similar single window, and beyond, projecting end bays, also with triple windows. Above, similar fenestration with flat-headed windows. Above again, central pavilion with 2 windows and vertical panels, cornice and balustrade, and truncated pyramidal slate roof. On each side, 3 pedimented dormers. Ground floor, divided by pilasters, has pink granite dressings. Central round-arched doorway with sidelights and shafts, flanked by single flat-headed windows, then double windows with central shafts.

Listing NGR: SK5746239868


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
Legacy System:


This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 26 May 2004
Reference: IOE01/12291/16
Rights: Copyright IoE Patrick Banister. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].