17, SOUTH STREET

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1255388
Date first listed:
26-Jul-1994
Statutory Address:
17, SOUTH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of 17, SOUTH STREET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1255388 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2019 at 19:50:28.

Location

Statutory Address:
17, SOUTH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
West Lindsey (District Authority)
Parish:
Caistor
National Grid Reference:
TA 11916 01318

Details

In the entry for:

TA 1001 CAISTOR SOUTH STREET (east side)

358-/9/10001 No 17 26/07/94

GV II

In the fifth line of the description after fanlight, the following shall be added: "and 8-panel alleyway door to far left".

------------------------------------

TA 10001 CAISTOR SOUTH STREET (east side)

358-/9/10001 No 17

GV II House and shop. Early/mid C19 with mid C19 alterations. Cement render over red brick and C20 pantile roof with brick left end stack. 2 storeys; 3-window range of 1/1 horned sashes under cambered lintels. Ground floor has similar unhorned sash to left and central reeded wooden doorcase supporting hood. Rounded arch with carved spandrels leads to panelled reveals, 6-panel door and fanlight. Shopfront to right has 4 pilasters supporting an entablature and 4 curved brackets the cornice hood. The frieze in between consists of carved timber ventilator slots with meat hooks at intervals below. Doorway to left has 4-panel part-glazed door and overlight. Shop window has 2 unhorned 1/1 sashes above white-tiled fascia with 2 decorative tiles of cattle in centre. INTERIOR. Shop is completely panelled in matchboarding and has cornice and meat hooks. This shop has been a butchers since at least 1900.

Listing NGR: TA1191601318

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
459615
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 09 Nov 2007
Reference: IOE01/16983/04
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr James Brown. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].