1 AND 2 MARLOW'S COURT AND ATTACHED WALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1255446
Date first listed:
24-Jul-1954
Date of most recent amendment:
15-Mar-1996
Statutory Address:
Statutory Address:
NUMBERS 1 AND 2 MARLOW'S COURT AND ATTACHED WALL, ETNAM STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of 1 AND 2 MARLOW'S COURT AND 
ATTACHED WALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1255446.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2019 at 09:48:15.

Location

Statutory Address:
Statutory Address:
NUMBERS 1 AND 2 MARLOW'S COURT AND ATTACHED WALL, ETNAM STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Leominster
National Grid Reference:
SO4987458915

Details

LEOMINSTER

SO4958 ETNAM STREET 808-1/2/119 (South side) 24/07/54 Nos.1 and 2 Marlow's Court and attached wall (Formerly Listed as: ETNAM STREET (South side) Nos.1 and 2 Marlows Court)

GV II

Cottages. c1771. Brick; plain tile roof with brick-coped gable-parapets; 2 brick axial stacks, to rear. 2 storeys and attic; 3-window range: 6/6 sashes in broad cases under modillioned brick band to eaves. Central entrance: part-glazed 6-panel door and overlight with glazing bars under wood flat hood on scrolled brackets. Right returned side: tier of 6/6 sashes in broad cases under segmental arches; casement to gable. INTERIORS not inspected. Stepped wall to left, with 3 blind openings, to centre with plank door, under segmental arches. Marlow's Court was built in 1771, as a Manse, Chapel and almshouses. (Price, J: An Historical & Topographical Account of Leominster and Vicinity: Ludlow: 1795-: 128-133).

Listing NGR: SO4987458915

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
459707
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Price, J , An Historical and Topographical Account of Leominster and Vicinity, (1795), 128-133

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 06 Jun 2004
Reference: IOE01/12464/10
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Burrows. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].