This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THE MANSE AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDINGS

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE MANSE AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDINGS

List entry Number: 1255464

Location

THE MANSE AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDINGS, 3 MARLOW'S COURT, ETNAM STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: County of Herefordshire

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Leominster

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 24-Jul-1954

Date of most recent amendment: 15-Mar-1996

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 459708

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LEOMINSTER

SO4958 ETNAM STREET 808-1/2/120 (South side) 24/07/54 The Manse (No.3) and attached outbuildings, Marlow's Court (Formerly Listed as: ETNAM STREET (South side) No.3 (The Manse) Marlows Court)

GV II

House. c1771. Brick; slate roof with gable to left; brick end stack to rear. 2 storeys and attic; 3-window range: central 6/6 sash and paired 6/6 sashes under segmental arches; metal casement to gable; brick modillion eaves; box-dormer. Central entrance with sidelights: early C20 6-panel door, and fanlight, under moulded and modillioned wood open-pediment hood on scrolled consoles; flanked by paired 6/6 sashes under segmental arches. All fenestration C20. Left returned side: 6/6 sash in C20 brickwork to ground floor. Outbuildings to right. INTERIOR not inspected. Marlow's Court was built in 1771, as a Manse, Chapel and almshouses. (Price, J: An Historical & Topographical Account of Leominster and Vicinity: Ludlow: 1795-: 128-133).

Listing NGR: SO4989358912

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Price, J , An Historical and Topographical Account of Leominster and Vicinity, (1795), 128-133

National Grid Reference: SO 49893 58912

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1255464 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Sep-2018 at 06:35:55.

End of official listing