CHURCH OF ST PETER

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1255555

Date first listed: 26-Sep-1963

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST PETER, HOUGH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST PETER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1255555 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 23:40:39.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST PETER, HOUGH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 24524 35051

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LEEDS

SE2435SE HOUGH LANE, Bramley 714-1/68/547 (South East side) 26/09/63 Church of St Peter

GV II

Anglican church. 1861, altered C20. By Perkins and Backhouse. Coursed squared stone and ashlar, blue slate roof. In Gothic Revival style. Fine NW corner tower remains after extensive rebuilding of nave, chancel, etc. Tower of 3 stages with spire: angle buttresses; blind arcading to base, 2nd stage has 3 decorated cusped recesses with attached columns flanking cusped lancet, cusped round window above; triple belfry window, trefoil pierced parapet, corner pinnacles, gables over clock face at base of tall stone spire. 2-light traceried windows with hoodmoulds and buttresses to former nave NW wall. INTERIOR: little of the original interior remains; 2 windows by William Morris 1874 reset.





Listing NGR: SE2452435051

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 465868

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing