OLD BLOCK AT COOKRIDGE HOSPITAL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1255595
Date first listed:
05-Aug-1976
Date of most recent amendment:
11-Sep-1996
Statutory Address:
OLD BLOCK AT COOKRIDGE HOSPITAL, HOSPITAL LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of OLD BLOCK AT COOKRIDGE HOSPITAL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1255595.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Nov-2019 at 18:38:49.

Location

Statutory Address:
OLD BLOCK AT COOKRIDGE HOSPITAL, HOSPITAL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 25431 38972

Details

LEEDS

SE23NE HOSPITAL LANE, Ireland Wood 714-1/6/883 Old Block at Cookridge Hospital 05/08/76 (Formerly Listed as: HOSPITAL LANE, Ireland Wood Cookridge Hospital)

GV II

Hospital. 1868. By Norman Shaw. Wing added 1893. Plinth, red brick to ground floor, tile-hung upper floor, slate roof. 2 and 3 storeys, 15 bays. Vernacular Revival style. Main block left of centre, with wings set back to each side, raised corridor link to later hospital buildings. Main block: canted bay with stone roof, 2 large top-floor wooden oriels on deep brackets with tile-hung gables; returns have wide gables, mullion and transom windows. Wings: 2 canted bay windows, mullion and transom windows alternate, a 2-light gabled bay with stone chimney rising between 2 windows; tall through eaves dormer windows with tile-hung bracketed gables. Far right: gabled wing in same style with stone plaque above ground-floor windows inscribed: 'EDWARD JACKSON/ MEMORIAL WING 1893'. INTERIOR: not inspected.



Listing NGR: SE2543138972

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
465864
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 27 Nov 2001
Reference: IOE01/06116/34
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs Pennie Keech. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].