MORDIS HOUSE AND ATTACHED RAILINGS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1255617

Date first listed: 05-Aug-1976

Date of most recent amendment: 11-Sep-1996

Statutory Address: MORDIS HOUSE AND ATTACHED RAILINGS, 26, YORK PLACE

Map

Ordnance survey map of MORDIS HOUSE AND ATTACHED RAILINGS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1255617 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Dec-2018 at 15:04:04.

Location

Statutory Address: MORDIS HOUSE AND ATTACHED RAILINGS, 26, YORK PLACE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 29468 33529

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LEEDS

SE2933 YORK PLACE 714-1/35/460 (South side) 05/08/76 No.26 Mordis House and attached railings (Formerly Listed as: QUEEN STREET (East side) Nos.2 AND 4) (Formerly Listed as: YORK PLACE (South side) Nos.26 AND 27)

GV II

House, formerly meeting house and warehouse, now offices, with basement railings. Early C19, altered c1900. Red brick, Flemish bond, slate roof, stone details, wrought-iron railings. 3 storeys and basement, 2 bays. Steps up to door with fanlight in round arch left, boarded bow window right. Sashes with glazing bars to 1st floor, continuous stone sill, flat brick arches. 9-pane sashes to 2nd floor. Multi-flue chimney straddles ridge, right. Railings: plain bars, bulbous finials, some missing. INTERIOR: not inspected. Map evidence suggests that the row was built 1834-1850; in 1870 No.26 was the York Place Room of the Plymouth Brethren, by 1886 it was a woollen warehouse. (Rapkin, J: Map of Leeds: 1850-; Directory of Leeds, 1870; Insurance Map of Leeds: 1886-).



Listing NGR: SE2946833529

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 465839

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Directory of Leeds, (1870)

End of official listing