THE PACK HORSE PUBLIC HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1255655
Date first listed:
21-Apr-1994
Statutory Address:
THE PACK HORSE PUBLIC HOUSE, WOODHOUSE LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE PACK HORSE PUBLIC HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1255655.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2019 at 13:21:45.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE PACK HORSE PUBLIC HOUSE, WOODHOUSE LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 29357 34997

Details

LEEDS

SE2934NW WOODHOUSE LANE 714-1/71/443 (North East side) 21/04/94 The Pack Horse Public House

GV II

Public house. 1870. Red brick, stone dressings, slate roof. 2 storeys with cellars, 3 bays with a 4th curved corner bay left and 2 uneven bays on left return. Central panelled door with overlight in stone surround with projecting keystone carved with grapes and bottle, surmounted by a pack horse with bales of cloth. Door and window jambs have carved attached columns with foliage and vine motifs on the capitals, shouldered arches and 4-pane sashes. Deep moulded eaves brackets, hipped roof left, scrolled chimney stack left and plain stack right. INTERIOR: central corridor plan with terrazzo floor, corridor bar and 1 room off to left, 2 to right; square lounge to rear. Some original fittings including glazed panelled doors, panelled bar front, ceiling cornices, wood-lined walls, tiled fireplaces. The earlier turnpike public house was probably rebuilt after the auction sale of the property in 1868.



Listing NGR: SE2935734997

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
465784
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 07 May 2004
Reference: IOE01/12310/03
Rights: Copyright IoE Krystyna Szulecka. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].