BLENHEIM TERRACE NUMBER 2 WITH BOUNDARY WALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1255661

Date first listed: 05-Aug-1976

Statutory Address: BLENHEIM TERRACE NUMBER 2 WITH BOUNDARY WALL, 2, WOODHOUSE LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BLENHEIM TERRACE NUMBER 2 WITH BOUNDARY WALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1255661 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 08:46:47.

Location

Statutory Address: BLENHEIM TERRACE NUMBER 2 WITH BOUNDARY WALL, 2, WOODHOUSE LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 29773 34545

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LEEDS

SE2934NE WOODHOUSE LANE, University Campus 714-1/72/1177 (North East side) 05/08/76 Blenheim Terrace, No.2, with boundary wall

GV II

Terraced house, now office, and front boundary wall. 1830, altered late C19, converted C20. Red brick, slate roof. 3 storeys and basement, 2 windows wide. Round-headed doorway left, in moulded architrave with fanlight and keyblock. Fenestration: flat brick arches, stone sills, 4-pane and plate-glass sashes. Ridge stack right. INTERIOR: not inspected. SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: boundary wall on S side of frontage (Blackman Lane): approx 25m long and 1m high, of brick with flat stone coping. Built on a roadside field, New Close, Blenheim Terrace is the first roadside terrace to be built in Leeds. The solicitor TE Upton bought the field in 1824 and he built Nos 19-21 by 1826; Nos 2, 3 & 4 were built in 1830 and the remainder of the terrace was completed between 1834 and 1839. (Beresford M: Walks Round Red Brick: Leeds University Press: 1980-: 14).



Listing NGR: SE2977334545

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 465790

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Beresford, M , Walks Round Red Brick, (1980), 14

End of official listing