This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

NUMBER 3 STEAD HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: NUMBER 3 STEAD HOUSE

List entry Number: 1255679

Location

NUMBER 3 STEAD HOUSE, 3, WILLOW TERRACE ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Leeds

District Type: Metropolitan Authority

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 05-Aug-1976

Date of most recent amendment: 11-Sep-1996

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 465761

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LEEDS

SE2934SE WILLOW TERRACE ROAD 714-1/74/1175 (North side) 05/08/76 University Campus No.3 Stead House (Formerly Listed as: FORMER WILLOW TERRACE ROAD (North side) University Of Leeds No.3 Microbiology (Virology) Building)

II

House, now Leeds University premises. 1821, altered late C19 and restored c1992. By JS Morrish. For Julia Lyddon. Rendered brick, slate roof, stone details. 2 storeys, 5 bays, pediment over centre 3 bays. Central restored 6-panel door with semicircular overlight in surround of three-quarter Tuscan columns and open pediment. Plate-glass sashes throughout, round-arched window in tympanum; first-floor sill band, cornice and blocking course. End stacks. Restoration in progress at time of survey. INTERIOR: not inspected. The first building on the land inherited by Julia Silly (later Lyddon) from her uncle, the wealthy Leeds merchant Wade Preston. The house was originally called Preston Lodge. (Beresford M: Walks Round Red Brick: Leeds University Press: 1980-: 30-33).



Listing NGR: SE2950834361

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Beresford, M , Walks Round Red Brick, (1980), 30-33

National Grid Reference: SE 29508 34361

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1255679 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2018 at 09:40:28.

End of official listing