CLOTHWORKERS CENTENARY CONCERT HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1255691
Date first listed:
05-Aug-1976
Date of most recent amendment:
11-Sep-1996
Statutory Address:
CLOTHWORKERS CENTENARY CONCERT HALL, 14, CAVENDISH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CLOTHWORKERS CENTENARY CONCERT HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1255691 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Sep-2019 at 23:22:52.

Location

Statutory Address:
CLOTHWORKERS CENTENARY CONCERT HALL, 14, CAVENDISH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 29498 34481

Details

LEEDS

SE2934SE CAVENDISH ROAD, University Campus 714-1/74/1138 (West side) 05/08/76 No.14 Clothworkers' Centenary Concert Hall (Formerly Listed as: CAVENDISH ROAD, University Of Leeds No.14 Library (Former Presbyterian Church))

II

Formerly known as: Presbyterian Church CAVENDISH ROAD University Campus. Presbyterian church, now University of Leeds concert hall. 1878-79. By James Barlow Fraser. Red brick, stone dressings, slate roof. 2 storeys, 5 bays, projecting central bay rises as a 3-stage tower with cupola. Panelled doors with semicircular overlight in central and flanking bays, Ionic-columned central entrance with balustered parapet, foundation stone right with inscription: 'FOUNDATION STONE LAID BY/ J G STEVENSON ESQ MP/ 23rd OCT 1878'; 2-light plate-tracery window above; round-arched windows, continuous impost string courses, brick quoin pilasters, stone entablature and cornice, with small corner turrets. Central tower: cornice, blocking course carved with swags and flower motifs, pyramid finials; 2-stage cupola with gilded dome and finial. INTERIOR: not inspected.



Listing NGR: SE2949834481

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
465773
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 10 Apr 2006
Reference: IOE01/14610/02
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Dennis Carr. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].