This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THE FARM

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE FARM

List entry Number: 1255715

Location

THE FARM, WEETWOOD MILL LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Leeds

District Type: Metropolitan Authority

Parish: Non Civil Parish

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 22-Sep-1975

Date of most recent amendment: 11-Sep-1996

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 465704

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LEEDS

SE23NE 714-1/6/1235 22/09/75

WEETWOOD MILL LANE, Weetwood (South side) The Farm (Formerly Listed as: WEETWOOD MILL LANE, Weetwood (East side) The Farm)

II

Formerly known as: Weetwood nurseries and the Farm including outbuildings immediately to south WEETWOOD LANE. Farmhouse. C17 with mid C19 alterations and 1988 conversion. Rendered, stone slate roof. 2 storeys, 2 bays, rear outshut. Central entrance with C20 porch; 4-light recessed chamfered mullion window to left, ground and 1st floor; 4-pane sash right, inserted window 1st-floor centre. Brown brick stack right. INTERIOR: 2 ground-floor rooms, both with spine beam, the left beam has a scarfed joint indicating site of a timber-framed fire hood. Stairs opposite entrance, alongside a timber-framed partition wall, the cross beam and studs visible in 1st-floor room, right. Part of the farm complex which was part of the Englefield estate, sold with Weetwood Lodge (qv) and 160 acres in 1858. The sale date is the likely date for the 4-pane sashes; the ground floor right mullioned window reset on the upper floor (eaves raised). Benjamin Wilson farmed Weetwood Farm in 1888. (Douglas J, Victorian Society (pers.comm.) 1992; Kelly's Directory of Leeds: 1888-).

Listing NGR: SE2753637609

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Powell, K, Douglas, J, Victorian Society, (1992)
'Kellys Directory' in Leeds, (1888)

National Grid Reference: SE2753637609

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1255715 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Sep-2018 at 09:01:25.

End of official listing