WEST RIDING PUBLIC HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1255733

Date first listed: 11-Sep-1996

Statutory Address: WEST RIDING PUBLIC HOUSE, 38, WELLINGTON STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of WEST RIDING PUBLIC HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1255733 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 20:47:09.

Location

Statutory Address: WEST RIDING PUBLIC HOUSE, 38, WELLINGTON STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 29772 33436

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LEEDS

SE2933SE WELLINGTON STREET 714-1/77/430 (North side) No.38 West Riding Public House

GV II

House, now public house. Early C19, converted C20. Rendered and lined, slate roof. 3 storeys over basement, corner site with 2 bays to front and 9-window facade to left return, Little King Street. Door with overlight right has plain jambs and projecting moulded cornice which continues round the building at 1st-floor level, square bay window left. 1st and 2nd floors: paired windows left, single right, all in moulded architraves. Deep moulded eaves cornice. Left return: round-arched doorways to left and right, ground, and 1st-floor windows in architraves as front; moulded gable end of pitched roof to frontage, right; deep moulded eaves cornice. INTERIOR: replanned and refitted late C20. One of a group of 2 or 3 houses built after 1809 and called Eye Bright Place; in 1817 the row was extended as Wellington Street, a new turnpike road. By 1870 the range stretching back from the street contained the West Riding Hotel, Springfield House Hotel and a boot dealer. (Directory of Leeds: 1870-).



Listing NGR: SE2977233436

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 465722

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Directory of Leeds, (1870)

End of official listing