COOPER HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1255816

Date first listed: 09-Mar-1987

Statutory Address: COOPER HOUSE, BROAD LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of COOPER HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1255816 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Jan-2019 at 15:19:37.

Location

Statutory Address: COOPER HOUSE, BROAD LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 25760 35508

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LEEDS

SE2535 BROAD LANE, Kirkstall 714-1/21/897 (North side (off)) 09/03/87 Cooper House

GV II

House. c1800, altered C20. For Henry Cooper. Coursed squared stone, stone slate roof. 2 storeys; 3 bays with 4th bay set back, right. 3 main bays: all openings have raised plain stone surrounds, the windows with raised sill bands. Plinth; central 6-panel door below traceried overlight; ground-floor windows lowered to plinth level and now shuttered, First-floor windows have c1985 sashes; ashlar coping, multi-flue end stacks. Added bay: slightly lower, same style, hipped roof right. Rear: 3 main bays, central doorway with canted bay window to right and wide 2-light flat-faced mullion window left, central round-arched stair window flanked by wide 16-pane sash windows to 1st floor. INTERIOR: not inspected. Henry Cooper leased this site and land by the canal in 1793. By 1811 he had built Cooper House and a large maltings with canal wharf, demolished/altered 1867. (Brears P: History of Kirkstall Brewery: 1985-).



Listing NGR: SE2576035508

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 465621

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Brears, P, History of Kirkstall Brewery, (1985)

End of official listing