71, BOAR LANE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1255869

Date first listed: 11-Sep-1996

Statutory Address: 71, BOAR LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of 71, BOAR LANE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1255869 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Dec-2018 at 00:01:09.

Location

Statutory Address: 71, BOAR LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 30196 33413

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LEEDS

SE3033SW BOAR LANE 714-1/78/53 (North side) No.71

GV II

Shop, workshops and offices. c1870 with alterations c1920 and c1980. Stuccoed, low-pitched hipped slate roof. 4 storeys. Italianate style. Corner site, rounded corner. 4 and 5 bays. Ground floor: late C20 shop windows. First and 2nd floors: giant pilasters, large round-headed windows with attached moulded columns, voussoirs over 2nd floor. 3rd floor: small flat-headed windows with fluted pilasters. Heavy modillion cornice and parapet with cast-iron cresting over. INTERIOR: not inspected. HISTORICAL NOTE: part of the rebuilding of Boar Lane after 1869; it was Trinity House in 1872 and occupied by John T Beer, tailor and outfitter who lived at Threapland House, Fulneck. The rendering with Classical details was added to several city centre buildings in the 1920s, following the fashion for real and imitation marble ('Marmo') facades.



Listing NGR: SE3019633413

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 465549

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing