THE GRANGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1255897
Date first listed:
19-Oct-1951
Statutory Address:
THE GRANGE, THE GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE GRANGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1255897.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2019 at 21:16:50.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE GRANGE, THE GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 35710 36130

Details

LEEDS

SE33NE THE GREEN, Seacroft 714-1/8/1077 (North side) 19/10/51 The Grange

GV II

House. Rebuilt 1837. Ashlar, stone slate roof. 2 storeys. Asymmetrical on plan. SE elevation 4 bays wide, 2 bays deep and rear service wing. Tudor style. SE front: projecting gabled bay on right and projecting gabled 2-storey porch off-centre with flat hoodmould over doorway, shield above with dragon's head and 3 lions' paws; coped gables. Stone mullion and transom windows (boarded up), with dripmoulds. SW elevation has 2 Dutch gables, smaller on left, ground-floor battlemented canted bay window. Grouped octagonal chimney shafts. Wings to N and E also ashlar, stone roofs with coped ends, stone mullion windows and sashes with glazing bars. INTERIOR: contains the fine late C17 oak stair reputed to have been removed from Austhorpe Hall, not seen at survey. Derelict at time of survey, with all openings boarded up.

Listing NGR: SE2700932967

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
465463
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 02 Jul 2001
Reference: IOE01/03881/27
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Steve Novak. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].