BARCLAYS BANK AND CHAMBERS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1255899
Date first listed:
11-Sep-1996
Statutory Address:
BARCLAYS BANK AND CHAMBERS, 1 AND 3, THE HEADROW

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARCLAYS BANK AND CHAMBERS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1255899 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Sep-2019 at 17:31:40.

Location

Statutory Address:
BARCLAYS BANK AND CHAMBERS, 1 AND 3, THE HEADROW

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 30392 33701

Details

LEEDS

SE3033NW THE HEADROW 714-1/76/384 (South side) Nos.1 AND 3 Barclay's Bank and Chambers

GV II

Bank premises and chambers. 1936-1938. By Sir Reginald Blomfield. Portland stone, red brick, slate roof. Corner site with Vicar Lane. Classical style. Corner entrance with badge of the bank carved above the doorway; 3 windows to Vicar Lane, 4 to The Headrow, with entrance to Chambers on right; rusticated masonry and round-arched windows to ground floor, rectangular small-pane metal-framed windows above, giant pilasters, entablature, balustraded parapet with urns. INTERIOR: not inspected. Balances another bank building, No.2 (qv), on the opposite side of The Headrow and is the only building of Sir Reginald Blomfield's scheme on the south side of The Headrow.

Listing NGR: SE3039533701

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
465465
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 31 Mar 2003
Reference: IOE01/10403/24
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Geoffrey R. Handford. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].