15 AND 17, HIGH COURT LANE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1255924

Date first listed: 21-Feb-1992

Statutory Address: 15 AND 17, HIGH COURT LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of 15 AND 17, HIGH COURT LANE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1255924 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 16:19:46.

Location

Statutory Address: 15 AND 17, HIGH COURT LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 30586 33294

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LEEDS

SE3033SE HIGH COURT LANE 714-1/79/205 (East side) 21/02/92 Nos.15 AND 17

GV II

Houses, now storerooms. Late C18/early C19 with alterations to northern end (No.15) between 1847 and 1866. Red brick, English and random bond, grey slate roof. 3 storeys, 1 first-floor window to each house. C20 openings to ground floor, cambered-arched windows, the top-floor window heads just below eaves level. INTERIOR: not inspected. HISTORICAL NOTE: an important area of the city at the time of their construction, built on since at least the early C18, being close to the west side of the parish church and east of the National School, built 1812 (demolished). No.17 probably part of the merchant's house, No.19 (qv); the area declined as a residential part during the C19 and particularly after the construction of the railway line in 1869. Reputed to contain medieval fabric, perhaps stone-built cellars. Noted as lodging houses on the Insurance map of 1902.

Listing NGR: SE3058633294

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 465453

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing