ELEANOR LUPTON CENTRE (LEEDS GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL) WITH BOUNDARY WALLS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1255938

Date first listed: 05-Aug-1976

Date of most recent amendment: 11-Sep-1996

Statutory Address: ELEANOR LUPTON CENTRE (LEEDS GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL) WITH BOUNDARY WALLS, HEADINGLEY LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of ELEANOR LUPTON CENTRE (LEEDS GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL) WITH BOUNDARY WALLS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1255938 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 17:32:47.

Location

Statutory Address: ELEANOR LUPTON CENTRE (LEEDS GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL) WITH BOUNDARY WALLS, HEADINGLEY LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)

Parish: Non Civil Parish

National Grid Reference: SE2834635711

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LEEDS

SE2835NW HEADINGLEY LANE, Headingley 714-1/64/779 (South West side) 05/08/76 Eleanor Lupton Centre (Leeds Girls' High School), with boundary walls (Formerly Listed as: HEADINGLEY LANE, Headingley (South West side) First Church of Christ the Scientist (including stone wall at front))

GV II

Church, now part of high school, with boundary walls and gateways on N and W sides. 1912, by William Peel Schofield, with extension 1932, same architect. Portland stone. Egyptian/Classical style, wrought-iron gates. 2 storeys, 5-bay original block, wide 2-window addition set back slightly on right with facade to Richmond Road. Original block: central 3 bays project slightly with 4 giant pilasters with Egyptian-style capitals; large central doorway in moulded architrave with cornice and large stone urn above; moulded stone architraves and metal frames to windows. Wide cornice with blocking course and low pediment. Added block right has a tall full-height panel with disc motif in central blind window, blocking course and pediment on 4 brackets. Right return: 9 bays, 1 and 9 blank, entrance bays 2 and 8 with architraves and deep cornice with urns, pilasters as front, tall ground-floor windows, those to upper floor square with circular metal frames; cornice and blocking course with pediments above entrances. INTERIOR: not inspected. Boundary wall: 2 and 3 courses of dressed gritstone, the copings and piers of Portland stone. Piers approx 1.5m high, curved walling with 4 piers to main entrance, walling approx 30m long with taller piers to Richmond Road: incised Greek key pattern, banded capstones with disc motif to front; one single pier and 3 pairs of gate piers with gates on right return (2 pedestrian and 1 wider car park entrance). Gates with square panels and scrolled top rails.

Listing NGR: SE2834635711

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 465421

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing