STABLES AND COACH HOUSE, NOW GARAGE, IMMEDIATELY NORTH OF CARR MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1255964
Date first listed:
26-Sep-1963
Statutory Address:
STABLES AND COACH HOUSE, NOW GARAGE, IMMEDIATELY NORTH OF CARR MANOR HOUSE, STONEGATE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLES AND COACH HOUSE, NOW GARAGE, IMMEDIATELY NORTH OF CARR MANOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1255964 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Sep-2019 at 14:00:36.

Location

Statutory Address:
STABLES AND COACH HOUSE, NOW GARAGE, IMMEDIATELY NORTH OF CARR MANOR HOUSE, STONEGATE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 29450 37934

Details

LEEDS

SE23NE STONEGATE ROAD, Meanwood 714-1/6/980 (South East side) 26/09/63 Stables and coach-house, now garage, immediately north of Carr Manor House (Formerly Listed as: STONEGATE ROAD, Meanwood Stables immediately north of Carr Manor House)

GV II

Stables and coach-house, now garage. 1881. By ES Prior. Dressed millstone grit, stone slate roof. 2 storeys, 5 bays. In Vernacular Revival style. Central gabled elliptical-arched carriage entrance with timber-framing inside arch above doors. Stone mullion windows. Coved eaves with timber-framing and rough-cast panels. Ventilation cupola to ridge, centre, with lead-clad ogee dome. Right return: the S gable end a reset datestone: 'IO 1796' (Joseph Oates); a corbelled and gabled stone dovecot and tall square stack above. INTERIOR: not inspected. Built as stables and coach house to Carr Manor House (qv). (Hopwood WA & Casperson FP: Meanwood; Village, Valley, Industry and People: 1986-: 60).





Listing NGR: SE2945037934

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
465401
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Hopwood, A W, Casperson, F P , Meanwood Village Valley Industry and People, (1986), 60

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].